EdUHK is collaborating with the International Baccalaureate to offer two postgraduate leadership certificates: IB Certificate in Leadership Practice and IB Advanced Certificate in Leadership Research. Participants in the IELC have the option of completing the two IB certificates concurrently to meet the degree requirements of the IELC.
The IB Certificate in Leadership Practice is designed for educators and administrators who want to improve their leadership capabilities or career aspirations in an IB context. Participants develop and refine their ability to take on leadership responsibilities and understand their role in guiding a school through IB authorisation and implementation. It is tailored for:
- IB coordinators and aspiring teacher/leaders
- new administrators in IB World Schools
- teachers and administrators from non-IB schools who wish to develop understandings of leadership in an IB context.
Participants in the IELC may earn the IB Certificate in Leadership Practice by completing the 6 online IELC courses. Those who aim to pursue this option should ensure that their course assessments demonstrate applicability to IB leadership issues and contexts. This may be done either by relating their coursework to the IB context in which they work, or by drawing upon additional resource materials provided in the “IB Hub” to examine issues pertaining to IB programme authorisation, implementation and contexts.
The IB Advanced Certificate in Leadership Research uses rigorous investigative work to give educators and administrators a more profound understanding of IB leadership responsibilities and capabilities. It includes research within the context of IB leadership as well as deep reflection on personal leadership practice. It is tailored for:
- individuals who have already gained leadership experience in IB contexts
- school heads, curriculum coordinators, heads of department and professional development leaders who wish to reflect on their own leadership capabilities and issues in the contexts in which they are working.
IELC participants who wish to earn the IB Advanced Certificate in Leadership Research may do so by completing all IELC coursework. Assessments should be related to matters pertaining to leading in IB contexts, this includes the School-based Inquiry Project, which asks participants to conduct a focused study of leading change.