The Faculty actively contributes to the development and improvement of our society through its applied research and knowledge transfer (KT) activities.
1. Offer professional development courses for in-service learners;
2. Organise conferences, seminars, lectures and workshops;
3. Aid research and development projects for schools, NGOs and governments
4. Increase partnerships with schools for staff training, internships, curriculum change, and leadership
5. Attract consultancy services for schools, NGOs and government bodies
6. Engage experts and social leaders as mentors, lecturers and designers for our programmes;
7. Produce innovative research and scholarship for educators and the community.
In 2014-15, the Faculty and its departments / centres have organised or co-organised 25 conferences / symposia and over 200 workshops / seminars for knowledge transfer (KT) purposes. These KT activities were joined by over 15,000 participants, and can be categorised mainly into three areas: education research, learning and teaching, and human wellbeing.
Local and international conference and seminar
Special Educational Needs Empowerment Project for Pre-service Teachers
The Faculty scooped 3 awards out of the four prizes in the Institute’s 2014-15 Knowledge Transfer
|Award Winner||Project Title||Department|
|Dr YUEN Yuet Mui Celeste||Educational Experiences, Self Identity and Spirituality: a Study on the Well-being among Students from Diverse Cultures in Hong Kong||Education Policy and Leadership (EPL)|
|Dr YEUNG Siu Sze Susanna||Effects of a Language-rich Phonological Awareness Intervention on English Language and Literacy among Hong Kong Chinese Kindergartens||Psychology (PS)|
|Dr CHENG Chi Keung Eric||Applying Knowledge Management Practices in School Education for Sustainable Development||Curriculum and Instruction (C&I)|