Graduates of the programme are expected to:
- Apply and adapt key concepts and theories of education and learning within the contexts of PVE
Work effectively within their own contexts by understanding, evaluating and interpreting the contexts of PVE from multiple perspectives
- Design and implement learning environments that are learner-centered and adopt a learning-by-doing strategy oriented to lifelong learning
- Develop and apply a range of formative and summative assessment strategies to aid student learning and to ensure that students meet the required standards
- Develop and implement online teaching strategies to support student learning and
- Continue to learn within rapidly changing educational environments through the skills of enquiry, application and reflection
Remark: The curriculum of this programme is currently under review and is subject to revision.
I think the PGDE(PVE) is a really useful and practical postgraduate programme, particularly for teachers and educators in professional training, adult learning or continuing education fields. The lectures are interactive and lecturers are patient, knowledgeable and responsive. I have been able to meet classmates from different backgrounds and disciplines; our classroom discussions are always lively, diverse and fruitful.
Miss Karen Tse
Administration Manager, The Open University of Hong Kong
Alumna of PGDE(PVE)