The BA (Hons) in Special Education [BA(SE)] Programme aims to nurture committed and skilled practitioners for the well-being of individuals with special needs; particularly in areas related to education and community empowerment. Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of special needs and the roles of different stakeholders;
- evaluate ethical issues and advocate equal opportunities and rights relevant to special education needs;
- formulate and implement intervention plans for supporting individuals with special needs in school and community settings;
- demonstrate the ability to interact with families, schools, and communities effectively to facilitate inclusion and enhance the quality of life of people with special needs;
- analyse and solve problems relating to the education and development of people with special needs by integrating theories, empirical literature, ethical considerations, and practical experience.